Reporting to the Manager of Network Engineering, this position develops and implements all aspects of the hosted voice solution from architecture and deployment of network elements to support of new service offerings, new customer orders, and overall network health. Building and managing Horizon’s hosted voice platform and troubleshooting complex customer issues will be the focus of this role.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in designing and deploying end-to-end network solutions to ensure scale, cost efficiency, and high availability (99.999%)
- Participate in the design, provisioning, and implementation of complex multi-location customer orders (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Develop and maintain firewall or other network based filtering policies
- Monitor core network capacity and performance for any potential problems, including taking action to mitigate or prevent problems in a timely manner
- Participate in troubleshooting complex customer or internal network issues
- Act as the highest technical escalation point for all customer and service related issues
- Develop and publish core network diagrams to include Layer 2 and 3 interconnections
- Maintain core network POP, colocation and data center design diagrams
- Act as a subject-matter expert in all voice network change management activities (peering, transport, hardware, etc.) including the development of change and test plans
- Develop and publish network architecture and configuration standards for voice networks
- Publish Monthly or On-Demand network utilization and other performance statistics
- Understanding and knowledge of best practices in regards to Carrier install methods.
- Perform customer turn-ups, participate in maintenance activities, and assist with porting of services.
- All other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in a carrier network (CLEC, ISP, etc) including responsibilities for Engineering and Network Operations
- Experience in managing hosted voice networks that including SIP, VOIP, and Layer 2 Switching
- Knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex routing and switching problems in an IP based carrier network
- Strong Hands on Microsoft Office Suite experience (Primarily Excel and Visio)
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology. TCP/IP and the OSI model.
- JNCIA / CCNA Network Certification preferred
- Experience with vendors like Juniper, Fujitsu, Calix, Accedian, and Adtran.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Networking, Technology or Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer
Horizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Horizon’s Department of Human Resources.
Light work. Light work involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities. If someone can do light work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary work, unless there are additional limiting factors such as loss of fine dexterity or inability to sit for long periods of time.