The Fiber Account Executive is primarily responsible for growing the fiber optic network for point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and internet bandwidth connections within designated territories. The Fiber Account Executive must have a proven sales history and be able to hunt for, develop and maintain strong relationships with enterprise, government, healthcare, education and other business customers to maximize service account value. Incumbent must respond to customer inquiries, manage service aspects of the account, cold call and network in an effort to initiate contacts with business prospects for various service offerings.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct sales responsibility for acquiring customers on the Fiber Optic Network to meet sales goals.
- Develop and follow a comprehensive time and territory management plan to effectively maximize coverage and efficiently manage expenses.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with existing and prospective business customers.
- Grow and maintain potential prospect funnel by actively cold calling and attending networking events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sales, closing, and networking skills.
- Cold-calling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create, build, and maintain relationships.
- Presentation, computer and communication skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and function well in high stress situations.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound, independent decisions.
- Broad basic knowledge of the telecommunications industry and basic understanding of customer premise equipment, and plant entrance and network interface device options.
- Knowledge of existing and future internet, broadband, telephone, and other communication technologies.
- Knowledge of software applications related to customer premise equipment systems and data networking technologies.
- Skill in operating a variety of office equipment, including PC, printer, copy machine, adding machine, facsimile machine, and test set, and user features of telephone systems.
Education and Experience
Four year college degree or four years of telecommunications business sales experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Horizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Horizon’s Department of Human Resources.
Light work: Lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities. If someone can do light work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary work, unless there are additional limiting factors such as loss of fine dexterity or inability to sit for long periods of time. This position requires the ability to effectively see and hear the majority of the time.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.