UPN is seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager located in Kansas City, MO. This manager is responsible for leading the network support team for trouble ticket and maintenance activities. It requires a highly technical candidate who also has the ability to effectively lead a team in achieving the primary goal of maintaining a specific mean time to repair for network incidents.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage a network operations team responsible for monitoring core network elements, network performance, and facilities for service issues.
- Maintain a constant understanding of UPN’s Data network
- Effectively lead troubleshooting efforts during outage bridges
- Continuously prioritize dynamic workloads based upon the state of the network
- Report directly to senior leadership on overall NOC performance.
- Document overall support plans with manuals and standards.
- Document specific support plans for each customer based on contracts.
- Own the overall trouble shooting process for equipment, software and connectivity issues by working closely with the team, service providers and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirement for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, related field or applicable work experience
- CCNA, CCNP, or other Cisco certification preferred
- Telecommunications industry experience required.
- 2+ years of network operations supervision
- Intermediate computer knowledge with Microsoft Office
- Operating experience with network routing protocols; eBGP, iBGP, OSPF
- Operating experience with MPLS
- Operating experience with Metro Ethernet and QoS
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to communicate a Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 network using a whiteboard and standard terminology
- Must have willingness to work in fast-paced environment.
Salary is commensurate upon education and experience. Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their cover letter and resume.
UPN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V