Mid-Atlantic Broadband Communities Corporation (MBC) owns and operates an extensive open-access fiber optic network, providing wholesale optical transport services to communities throughout the southern Virginia region. Created in 2004, MBC's mission is one of economic revitalization and development in rural Virginia, working closely with communities and regional economic development groups to bring state-of-the-art broadband transport services to the area and help drive private sector investments in our region.
MBC is currently seeking a candidate for Network Engineer to join the Network Operations team. Experience with DWDM, packet optical, and SONET based transport systems is preferred.
Primary Responsibilities of position:
- Network planning, design, and capacity management for the following platforms:
- Infinera DTN and DTNx DWDM systems
- Ciena Z Series Packet Optical systems
- Ciena 6500 SONET systems
- DC power and battery plants at MBC nodes
- Operational support of HVAC and generator systems at MBC nodes
- Project management of MBC capital projects to ensure deadlines and budgetary commitments are met
- Support of Sales team in determining costs associated with new service opportunities
- 3-5 years of telecom network experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (EE, CE, CS, etc.), or equivalent experience
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Excel, Word, and CAD/CAM systems
- Working knowledge of:
- Network transport systems
- Ethernet networks
- DC power systems
- Network management systems
- Facility management (HVAC, generators, DC power)
- Network design and topology planning skills
- Strong project management skills
MBC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental and 401k retirement. MBC is an EEO employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or
1100 Confroy Drive Suite 4, South Boston, VA 24592.